PAGES

October 31, 2015

Photo before a fall at Angkor Wat



It is with good reason that Angkor Wat receives millions of visitors each year. The temples, carvings, statues and surrounding landscape are exquisite, and one could easily spend several days absorbing everything the site and its surroundings have to offer. 

 

However, my memories of my include an uncomfortably close shave with serious injury or worse for the sake of a photo. Not paying attention to where I was placing my feet as I framed a photo inside the temple of Angkor Wat I tumbled off a wall and fell 12 to 16 feet before landing in the mud below. Apart from a few cuts and bruises (and a destroyed camera) I was able to continue my visit, but it was certainly a strong reminder of the need to tread more carefully during the remainder of the trip. The photo above is the last one I took before my camera met its end.

No comments:

Post a Comment